Candidates applying should have minimum three years of experience in medical record documentation
1. Computer skills. Candidates must be comfortable in using computers and word-processing and speech recognition software.
2. Listening skills. Must listen carefully to dictations from physicians and interpret abbreviations and jargons.
3. Documentation Skills: Must have a good understanding of the English language and grammar, spot any inaccuracies and inconsistencies in draft documents.
4. Critical-thinking: They must also think critically to find the information that they need and to ensure that sources are both accurate and reliable.
5. Time-management. Candidate should be comfortable working under short deadlines.